Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Of Late I Think of Kilby Street

Welcome to scenic Hammond Square!

I once got into an argument here with a hopelessly lost traveller. He thought it was smart to piss off the only guy out and about and willing to help him at two in the morning, and responded to each step of my directions back to the highway with a sarcastic comment. I eventually quit trying and sent him off on his merry way in the opposite direction he wanted to go. For all I know, he's still doing circles around Winchester Center like an automotive Flying Dutchman.

That stray thread of memory has nothing to do with today's topic, in which my old neighborhood gets some police blotter recognition.

Hammond Square! (Sorry about the rustling newspaper sounds and pops on the microphone. I was too preoccupied with thoughts of Fable 2 to manage even my modest standards of quality control.)

No comments: